Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween





Well, Halloween in Japan was definitely different. It was amazing though. I apologize, because I don't have any pictures, but once my friends send them to me, I'll post em. We had a big party and tons of students came, including some that I've gotten to know a little bit. Halloween's growing in Japan, so they were all excited, and for many it was their first Halloween party. There were tons of carnival games, with bobbing for apples and facepainting and stuff. Then we had a costume game and a slideshow of everyone. Also a big hit, was when my team leader Jonathan shared about his life and "the Masks we Wear." I think students related to his experience trying to mask his true self and pretending to be someone he's not. I was really touched by what he shared too. Many students expressed interest in learning more about Jesus Christ, the God Jonathan shared who accepts us and doesn't require us to wear any masks.


I also went to a festival at Sophia University yesterday. It was incredible to see how much talent and hard work went into it. I saw many dances, a show choir, beautiful flower arrangements, and tons of different foods. Being the baby I am, I had some chicken and later on a waffle. My friend Ayumi, who's on the Japanese Campus Crusade for Christ staff, was more adventerous. We had a good time though and met some super cool students. I was planning to go back today, but it's cooling off so quickly outside and I'm a little sick. I'm thankful for yesterday's experience though. The first picture is with Ayumi and Mai, a student we met last week in Masquerade, the show choir. She was very excited that we came to watch her perform.
I also thought it was cool when I saw these guys at Toyo putting little flower raft things in the river.

Please post your comments if you want to, or if you have any questions let me know or email me! Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Christina,
I was so excited in your last letter to find out that you have a blog! I am excited to hear about all of the awesome things you are getting to do and the amazing people you are meeting. I can't wait to hear about how God will be using you in the lives of all the students you are meeting!
Love, Pamela Stephens