Saturday, November 17, 2007

An Absolutely Beautiful Week


This week was great because:


1) I could see that the Bible really is God speaking to me.

2) When I shared with one student about Jesus and how God sent Him to die for us so that we can be forgiven for our sins and become part of God's family, she told me she was really glad she got to talk with me about this.

3) I hung out with a student that lived in San Diego for five years before.

4) Her and I have a scary amount of things in common and she's helping me with Japanese.

5) It was sunny and not incredibly cold for the majority of the days.

6) I sort of got to talk on Skype with a whole bunch of really cool USC people.

7) I had a fake tattoo that my family sent to me of a pink and black gecko for three days.

8) We celebrated the birthdays of two beyond cool people I work with.

9) I watched Fresh Prince and had quality time with Lisa. She speaks English, isn't a co-worker, and loves Jesus.
10) Two Japanese staff ordered Pizza Hut for Laura and me since we miss America.
11) God healed me even though doctors this summer had no idea what was wrong. Praise Him!
Some things were less fortunate, such as when two co-workers had to go home for funerals. But they'll be back next week. It also seemed unfortunate when the temperature dropped about 20 degrees yesterday. There's still way too much to be thankful for though. Hallelujah!


No comments: