Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years

Japan is closed for New Years. And not just on the 1st. A lot of places don't open back up until the 4th...it's kind of funny to me. But the cool thing is that it seems like a lot of people take time to spend with family. For me, it's been great to spend more time with friends. I've really enjoyed just hanging out, cooking, and celebrating with the other people I work with. I'm also starting to get to know more people at church, which is nice.

My friend Paul is working on a video from our gospel concerts for me to post...still coming soon.

We really enjoyed watching the Rose Bowl today, even though it was a little weird that it was at 7 a.m. Then I got all confused thinking it was still New Years Day here too.

I thought it was so funny when one of my friends from home sent me an email the other day: "Happy New Years to you and Happy New Years Eve to me! Wow, how weird is it that we're in a different year?" At least it was only for 17 hours. Happy 2008!

No comments: