Saturday, February 23, 2008

help

We were blessed with a couple amazingly beautiful days in Tokyo, but tonight there are some icy winds of death blowing. I'm gonna try to stay inside as much as possible : )

So, today at gospel choir practice, we focused on a really good song for a while. It's called "Please Don't Pass Me By" by Fred Hammond. Please listen to it if you can! It talks a lot about how much we need Jesus and how much he loves to help us. I would give you the lyrics, but the song is just so beautiful. It wouldn't do it justice.

Along with that, I was just reading about the help God offers. This might sound slightly psycho, but I'm reading a book in Spanish because I miss it. Probably not the best thing to do to work on my Japanese, but that's coming along a tiny bit anyway. Basically what this book (El campo de batalla de la mente) was saying is that you should know that God "loves you, that He's full of compassion, that he will help you. Know Jesus. He's your friend. He died for you. Know the Holy Spirit. He's with you all the time as your Helper. Allow Him to help you."

No comments: