Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving!


We had our big Thanksgiving outreach, and it was indiscribable! I'll post video when I get it from my friends.


This is a picture from one of my favorite campuses! Sophia Univeristy. From Left to right, Yuko is a super cool Christian girl and student leader of our lunch on campus. Kristen is my cute team leader that lives right below me. I don't know this guy's name, but he's also a Christian but doesn't speak English. Then me, and my fabulous roommate...she was the M.C. with Masaki, the guy below her, for the Thanksgiving party. And then there's Keiko, who is very interested in Jesus and comes to all of our events and loves them. She wants to learn more about all religions though, so she can discern which one is right.


I'm so excited, because I'm having a bunch of girls from Sophia over for tacos next Saturday (there is no Mexican food in Tokyo). When they email me, they say things like, "Christina, I am so happy for takos party!"


Today was so good! We watched the USC vs. UCLA game at 6:30 am. That was the third game I got to see, and I loved every second of it! My loving mother even sent me some USC tortilla chips that were cardinal and gold colored! Then I went to church at 11:00, and it's starting to feel a little more homey. I also met some little kids when I went on a walk this evening. The language barrier was funny, but I was really surprised by how much non-verbal communication worked. They were named Haruka, Chinatsu, and Koji and were 12, 10, and 12. They all play basketball. One girl lives in the same apartment building as some of my friends. I hung out with them for a while and they taught me a little Japanese. They were so amused when I got it! I miss my little brothers and sisters and cousins a lot, so it was super nice to meet them.


Tomorrow I'm going to Rikkio University to meet a student and watch them light the Christmas lights on the tree. Tokyo is pretty festive, and there's no shortage of Christmas decorations or Christmas music! Happy December!




No comments: