Saturday, October 20, 2007

one month down




It's incredibly hard for me to believe, but I've been in Japan for one month. I love it here, but the reality of missing home hit me this week. Things are good, but I had an emotional past few days and relied on talking to my family more than I had so far. I've been a true girl, laughing and crying and experiencing extreme emotions of joy, sorrow, grief, thankfulness, excitement, worry, and hope. I have awesome support back at home and here in Tokyo, and above all God has been there for me! Life is good!
Tonight I walked over to the next city, Kichijoji, and strolled around through the night life. There are still plenty of streets for me to explore, but I'm starting to know my way around a little better. People are all over, shopping, eating, and just chilling. I checked out some running stores and found some shoes in my size. Luckily, I'm only a size 7-7 1/2, so I'm still in the Japanese range. I also went to the Nike store and got a new water bottle, which if you know me well, is an essential part of my life. I'll go back to Kichijoji for church tomorrow.

Two of the crazy cool people I'm with here go to Toyo University with me. We've had mixed experiences there, but a ton of girls came to our English lunch on Wednesday. I ended up with 10 email contacts by the end of the afternoon. Some speak English better than others, but we all had a good time. I was confronted by a girl named Erika too, who might help me learn Japanese. She introduced me to two of her friends, and they're all English majors. I'm really excited to spend time with them next week!
Peace.






No comments: