Sunday, October 7, 2007

Getting settled



Well, I've been in Tokyo for two weeks now. Life is very good! I have been blessed with an amazing team and incredible Japanese people that are so welcoming I can't even believe it! Both of these pictures are of my team in Kichijoji, which is the number one prefecture in Japan to live in, voted on by the citizens. My roommate from freshman year, Yumi, told me that. She lives between Kichijoji and the prefecture I live in, Mitaka. There's plenty of shopping for all of my needs and this big, beautiful park to run in.
I've been to Waseda University once and Sophia University twice, but mostly I've just been adjusting. Very slowly my Japanese is improving. My roommate taught me how to write a little bit, and I've been practicing. I've also been reading and just finished a fantastic book called Waking the Dead, by John Eldredge. It used to be hard for me to read, but here I enjoyed it. My ability to journal has also been better. The food and bugs have been the greatest challenges, but I'm totally hanging in there. I guess I just love it here, even though I miss everyone back home too!


No comments: