Tuesday, March 13, 2012

beer?

Today I was trying to explain to two of my Japanese classmates (from Russia and China) that I met someone from Spain who is an architect. Well, I couldn't remember how to say architect in Japanese. When I tried to say that she designs buildings, I accidentally said ビール (biーru) instead of ビル (biru), which means beer, not building. They thought that she gives tours to people at beer factories...

On a more serious note, yesterday students from all over Japan came to Tokyo for the CHANGE conference. They are focusing on how to know Jesus better in order to change their lives and the world for Him. You may be able to see us in worship at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/チェンジ2012-仕えよう-ニッポン

2 comments:

Amy said...

This story made me smile. That is my greatest fear about speaking a second language-- I will say the wrong thing or something that is the exact opposite of what I meant!

I hope that the conference went well. Keep us updated :D

ceads said...

Thanks, Amy!! But, it's kind of funny (most of the time) when you make a mistake, and then you really learn from it :)