Tuesday, February 28, 2012

best and worst word of the week






Studying Japanese can be interesting.

It doesn't seem to make sense that できるだけ (dekiru dake), which literally means "to be able, only" actually means to do as much as possible.

But, if you think about it, we probably have words like this in English too. And, what does Jack have to do with a wind-up box that pops something up out at you? The Japanese have a much better name in my opinion, びっくりはこ (bikkuri hako), which means "surprise box."

This week also held some very fun events in ministry. Especially having a celebration for graduating students and meeting with the gospel choir FREE (pictures included.)

It is also fun to mention that tonight, I got to see my uncle!!! He's been to Japan on business twice already in just short of 6 months that I've been here! I'm so blessed.

No comments: